JPJ impounds 21 heavy vehicles for violating driving ban


IPOH: The Road Transport Department (JPJ) impounded 21 heavy vehicles for violating the driving ban on goods vehicles on Saturday (March 29) the first day the prohibition order was enforced.

JPJ director-general Datuk Aedy Fadly Ramli said the nationwide operation saw 62 heavy vehicles failing to comply with the restriction.

He said JPJ monitored goods vehicles in line with regulations announced earlier by the Transport Ministry.

"We issued 41 summonses and seized 21 vehicles as provided for under Section 59 of the Road Transport Act 1987.

"If the owner or driver fails to comply with Rule 2(1) of the Road Traffic Rules (Driving Ban on Goods Vehicles) 2025, they will face a compound fine of RM300 or a court-imposed fine of up to RM2,000, or imprisonment of up to six months," he said at a press conference during the Hari Raya Aidilfitri 2025 Bus Monitoring and Inspection Operation at Terminal Amanjaya here on Saturday night.

Transport Minister Anthony Loke previously announced that the ban on heavy vehicle would be in effect for four days – on March 29 and 30 and on April 5 and 6.

Aedy Fadly also said JPJ issued 32,031 summonses over six days of the Hari Raya Aidilfitri 2025 operation, which began on March 24.

"We inspected 122,655 vehicles, with 15,217 of them subject to action for various offences.

"JPJ will not compromise with any vehicle owner or driver who fails to comply with regulations under the Road Transport Act 1987, the Land Public Transport Act 2010," he said. – Bernama

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
JPJ , Ops Hari Raya , Heavy Vehicles , Ban , Balik Kampung

Next In Nation

Azam Baki files defamation suit against news agency
Anwar hosts reception for Singapore PM Wong, discusses efforts to strengthen ties
Selangor Sultan receives RM11.47mil in business tithe contributions
Over 1,000 displaced as floods worsen in Sabah’s north, Pitas emerges as worst-hit
'Don't shoot the messenger', says Nurul Izzah in urging authorities to probe allegations into MACC chief's alleged shareholdings
Anwar holds talks with Singapore PM Lawrence Wong
ROS refutes allegations of power abuse by MIPP
Cops on the hunt for duo who broke into Sitiawan mosque, stole from donation boxes
116 Bazaar Ramadan Rahmah to be held this year, says Fuziah
Malaysia looks forward to close cooperation with new Bangladesh leadership, says Anwar

Others Also Read