Public Works Department allocated RM2mil to repair three sinkholes in Gua Musang


GUA MUSANG: The Public Works Department (PWD) has allocated RM2mil for the repair of three sinkholes in Gua Musang, which will be opened to light vehicles before March 28.

Deputy Works Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Maslan said the route at KM78 of Gua Musang-Lojing near Kampung Jekjok, Pos Brooke, which cannot be passed due to the sinkhole incident, would be opened for the convenience of road users, especially for those who return for the Eid celebration.

"I was told that before Hari Raya Aidilfitri we can only open one lane, and after Ray,a we will open two lanes. Currently, we are building a culvert, and the construction work is 50% complete, while the concessionaire is also actively building sewers in the affected area," he told reporters in Gua Musang on Tuesday (March 18).

According to Ahmad Maslan, PWD has closed the sinkhole and the locals have started using it, but it has not been officially opened.

Ahmad said for now, for the replacement, heavy vehicles, including buses, cannot pass through it and it is suitable for cars and motorcycles only.

"Before March 28, all vehicles are not allowed to pass through the road until notified by the PWD. Commuters can use the Gua Musang-Sungai Koyan-Ringlet-Tapah-Ipoh-Cameron Highlands alternative route," he said.

In November last year, a six-metre-deep sinkhole occurred at KM78 of Jalan Gua Musang-Lojing and a month later, a second sinkhole occurred that reached a depth of nine metres, just five metres from the first location. – Bernama

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Sinkhole , Opened , One Lane , Feast , Ahmad Mazlan

Next In Nation

70-year-old woman swindled out of jewellery in 'pukau' scam
TB outbreak: Mask up at crowded places like Ramadan bazaars, public urged
Public inspection for LRT Mutiara Line extension linking Penang Island, Seberang Perai
12 police personnel suspended over cryptocurrency theft
Bill to cap PM’s term at 10 years to be tabled on Monday
Cops nab man connected to 2025 intimidation case
Police to call several individuals in probe over alleged share ownership by Azam Baki
DAP special congress is part of party's internal process, says Fahmi
Sabah flood: Number of victims increased to 3,768 people at noon
Prioritise welfare of police personnel, says Dr Wan Azizah

Others Also Read