Actor Aaron Aziz confirms daughter safe after Shah Alam incident


PETALING JAYA: Actor Datuk Aaron Aziz has confirmed that his 15-year-old daughter, who was at a shopping mall in Shah Alam on Saturday, is unharmed.

Aaron, whose full name is Aaron Mustapha Aziz, 49, rushed to the mall to pick up his daughter Dahlia Arissa, who was with a friend.

Fortunately, she was safe as visitors had been evacuated.

"I came to get Dahlia and Amira (Dahlia's friend) out of there. My son said that everyone was ordered to leave," said Aaron.

He shared the matter via a TikTok video.

Meanwhile, the actor advised the public to ensure the safety of their family members at the scene and reminded them to remain calm during emergencies.

"Remember, sister (Dahlia), never panic if there is an emergency," Aaron added.

Shah Alam OCPD ACP Mohd Iqbal Ibrahim confirmed that a man was injured after being shot by the suspect in the incident.

The victim has been identified as a cleaner at the shopping mall.

Police are tracking down the suspect, who fled by stopping a vehicle and forcing the driver to take him out of the area.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Villager hears explosion outside house as fire engulfs homes
School reopening in Paitan, Sabah delayed after worst ever flood destroys classrooms
Sarawak fully recovers from floods
Two recycling premises suspected in Sungai Kabul odour pollution
PAS should hold Opposition Leader post, but we have to think about it, says Takiyuddin
Dr Sam has proven his ability to lead PN, says PAS sec-gen
Thunderstorms, heavy rain expected in eight states, KL and Putrajaya until 8pm
Gov't to review flood mitigation projects in frequently affected areas in Sabah
GOF nabs four in two weapons, drugs raids worth RM43,740
PAS’ Dr Sam named new Perikatan chairman, replacing Muhyiddin

Others Also Read