Former GM to face charges for alleged corruption involving paddy fertiliser


PUTRAJAYA: A former general manager of the National Farmers Organisation (Nafas) is expected to be charged by the end of this month for alleged corruption involving paddy fertiliser supplies worth RM1.8bil, says the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC).

MACC chief commissioner Tan Sri Azam Baki said the anti-graft agency has completed investigations and submitted them to the deputy public prosecutor on Dec 13 last year.

“We proposed two charges against the former general manager at Nafas.

“The deputy public prosecutor has also agreed to prosecute.

“I can safely say it will be done before the end of this month. It depends on the availability of the deputy public prosecutor as well,” he told a press conference here on Tuesday (Jan 21).

In October last year, Nafas suspended its general manager who was appointed to the position in March 2023, over allegations of fund mismanagement.

MACC had also later confirmed that they were investigating alleged irregularities over a padi fertiliser supply project.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

'Don't shoot the messenger', says Nurul Izzah in urging authorities to probe allegations into MACC chief's alleged shareholdings
Anwar holds talks with Singapore PM Lawrence Wong
ROS refutes allegations of power abuse by MIPP
Cops on the hunt for duo who broke into Sitiawan mosque, stole from donation boxes
116 Bazaar Ramadan Rahmah to be held this year, says Fuziah
Malaysia looks forward to close cooperation with new Bangladesh leadership, says Anwar
More than a gimmick, 'roti pocong' a hit at Paroi Ramadan bazaar
Melaka assembly may dissolve in April, state poll expected in June
Plight of two families in Banting fire draws Anwar's attention
Shah Alam's first female mayor vows swift, decisive leadership

Others Also Read