We were only told of Najib's sentence reduction, not house arrest, says Home Minister


PUTRAJAYA: The Home Ministry did not receive any orders from the Prime Minister’s Department’s Legal Affairs Division on allowing Datuk Seri Najib Razak to serve the remainder of his prison sentence under house arrest, says Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail.

The Home Minister said his ministry only received a letter from the division that detailed meeting minutes of the Pardons Board which met on Jan 29 and Feb 2 last year.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Azam Baki files defamation suit against news agency
Anwar hosts reception for Singapore PM Wong, discusses efforts to strengthen ties
Selangor Sultan receives RM11.47mil in business tithe contributions
Over 1,000 displaced as floods worsen in Sabah’s north, Pitas emerges as worst-hit
'Don't shoot the messenger', says Nurul Izzah in urging authorities to probe allegations into MACC chief's alleged shareholdings
Anwar holds talks with Singapore PM Lawrence Wong
ROS refutes allegations of power abuse by MIPP
Cops on the hunt for duo who broke into Sitiawan mosque, stole from donation boxes
116 Bazaar Ramadan Rahmah to be held this year, says Fuziah
Malaysia looks forward to close cooperation with new Bangladesh leadership, says Anwar

Others Also Read