Father of UiTM student who died during reserve training to take legal action


PETALING JAYA: The father of a UiTM student who died during reserve officers training plans to take legal action.

Muhammad Zaidi Abdul Rahman, 52, stated that the decision is not to undermine ongoing investigations but to ensure justice is served.

"I don't want to dispute any party's investigation or report; what we want is justice for the deceased.

"My wife and I have recorded a statement regarding the incident, and what we hope for is a comprehensive investigation," he said as reported by Sinar Harian on Thursday (Nov 28).

Muhammad Zaidi expressed confidence that the police investigation will uncover the truth behind the death of his firstborn, Muhammad Amir Rusyaidi, 25.

He described Muhammad Amir as a caring person, particularly towards his siblings.

"He would be the one who brought his younger siblings on holidays every semester break. He was close with them.

"He also had a keen interest in cooking; whenever there was free time during holidays, he would cook for us," said the grieving father.

The Armed Forces recently announced that the cadet's death is being investigated by the Air Force's Provost Marshal's Branch.

"The investigation will be conducted thoroughly and impartially. Legal action will be taken against those involved if found guilty," it said in a statement on Wednesday (Nov 27).

Previously, a news portal reported that a father alleged his son died during Army training.

The father claimed his son had his chest stepped on and was "ridden" like a horse by his trainer.

He also claimed his son was left unattended for 30 minutes in the middle of a field after fainting under the hot sun.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Beware fake MACC article on scam site posing as The Star
Sabah flood evacuees increase to 4,652 in northern districts
No elements of abuse, bullying found in Trooper Indiran's death, says Khaled
Ex-Bersatu members welcome to join Umno, says Khaled
70-year-old woman swindled out of jewellery in 'pukau' scam
TB outbreak: Mask up at crowded places like Ramadan bazaars, public urged
Public inspection for LRT Mutiara Line extension linking Penang Island, Seberang Perai
12 police personnel suspended over cryptocurrency theft
Bill to cap PM’s term at 10 years to be tabled on Monday
Cops nab man connected to 2025 intimidation case

Others Also Read