Dungun crash: I have no more sons, says heartbroken father


Jamaludin's both sons died in road accidents. – Bernama

DUNGUN: The father of deceased university student Khairil Anwar Jamaludin says he never expected to lose another son in an accident.

Jamaludin Hussein, 53, from Kampung Pandan, Kuala Lumpur, said his eldest son also died in a road accident seven years ago.

"I no longer have sons...His brother died on Oct 3, 2017. I am now left with three daughters," he told reporters on Thursday (Oct 10) at the Dungun Hospital here.

Jamaludin said the last time he was with Khairil Anwar was when he drove him to the Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM) campus in Dungun last week to start his third-semester studies.

" He just wanted to treat his mother to a meal, buy her gold and take pictures," he said, adding that the day before, Khairil Anwar recorded a video of him making fried rice for the family, which he posted on Instagram.

Jamaludin said his son's remains would be brought home and buried at the Ukay Perdana Muslim Cemetery in Ampang, Selangor.

In the 7.35pm incident, three UiTM Dungun campus students died and another critically injured when two motorcycles they were riding were hit by an SUV on Jalan Pantai.

The 49-year-old female suspect from Kampung Sura Tengah is believed to be mentally unstable and has been remanded for four days. – Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Victim , Crash , UiTM , Dungun , Father , Sons , SUV

Next In Nation

Anwar takes over Pandan as adopted constituency
Supporters gather in KLIA to welcome Global Sumud Flotilla activists’ return
Shots fired at suspects attempting to ram policemen
Traffic builds up on major highways as holiday travellers return
Malaysian citizen confirmed dead in Philippine building collapse
Bersatu claims PAS failed to work together to resolve Perlis, NS crises
Two killed in road collision near Bagan Serai
We are the moderate brand that gave you votes, Bersatu tells PAS off
Don’t poke into our internal affairs, Bersatu tells PAS
Defence Ministry mulling offers to replace cancelled Norwegian missile deal

Others Also Read