M'sians in flood-hit Poland, Czech Republic urged to stay alert, follow safety instructions


PUTRAJAYA: Malaysians residing in or visiting areas affected by severe flooding in Poland and the Czech Republic are advised to remain vigilant and follow safety instructions issued by local authorities on Tuesday (Sept 17).

In its advisory, Malaysia’s Foreign Ministry, also known as Wisma Putra, said the embassies in Poland and the Czech Republic are closely monitoring the severe flooding that has affected several areas in Poland, particularly in the border regions of the two countries.

Heavy rainfall since last week has caused water levels to surge, damaging infrastructure and forcing evacuations.

"Malaysians residing in or visiting the affected areas are advised to remain vigilant and follow the safety instructions issued by local authorities.

"Please stay informed through reliable news sources and adhere to local evacuation and safety guidelines," the ministry said.

The ministry is also closely observing the situation in Hungary, Romania, and Slovakia, where similar conditions may arise.

Malaysians in need of consular assistance or who have not yet registered their presence are strongly encouraged to contact the Embassy of Malaysia in Poland at the following address: 9th Floor, Warsaw Towers, ul. Sienna 39, 00-121 Warsaw, Poland. Phone: +48 22 617 4413/ +48 22 617 6256 or Email: mwwarsaw2021@gmail.com.

Those in the Czech Republic can contact the Embassy of Malaysia in Czechia at the following address: Komornicka 1852/25, Praha - 6 Dejvice, Prague, Czechia. Phone: (+420) 234-706-600/ (+420) 296-326-192 or email: mwprague@kln.gov.my.

Wisma Putra also urged Malaysians to register their presence via E-Konsular to receive timely updates and support.

"The Foreign Affairs Ministry will continue to monitor the situation closely and provide updates as necessary to ensure the safety and well-being of all Malaysians in the affected areas," it said. – Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Death of Rocky: Selangor top cop advises against gathering ahead of man’s court charges tomorrow
Victims were in ‘safe’ area when hit by Immigration truck, say cops
Nearly 15,000 notices issued for minor littering offences nationwide, says Nga
Jendela Phase 2 must deliver reliable Internet, not just more towers, says Sabah minister
Unemployed man pleads guilty to injuring stepdaughter and infant daughter
Minimum wage review does not automatically mean pay hike, says UNI-MLC
Firefighters save 162 houses after blaze destroys 28 homes in Sandakan water village
Investment firm director pleads not guilty to receiving RM13.4mil in proceeds from illegal activities
Immigration to review SOPs after three die in truck crash, says DG
PM orders thorough probe into Immigration truck crash that killed family of three

Others Also Read