No new arrests made in Albertine's case, says Iskandar Puteri OCPD


Photo: Bernama

JOHOR BARU: No new arrests have been made by the police in relation with the disappearance of Albertine Leo Jia Hui, says Asst Comm M. Kumarasan.

Apart from the five suspects who were previously detained, the Iskandar Puteri OCPD confirmed that no new arrests had been made as of noon Wednesday (July 24).

Asked about the motive for the alleged kidnap and whether the five arrested suspects were linked to the six-year-old victim’s mother, he said investigations were ongoing.

“We hope for some space to conduct the investigations.

ALSO READ: Albertine reunited with her family

“Answers will be given once the investigations are concluded,” he said when contacted.

The girl went missing during an event at Eco Galleria, Iskandar Puteri last Saturday (July 20) evening.

Her 37-year-old mother was one of the booth operators at the event, which was attended by large crowds.

ALSO READ: Six-year-old Albertine has been found safe

Albertine was later found safe at a budget hotel in Batang Kali, Selangor, some 370km away from where she was last seen, on Tuesday (July 23).

Police also arrested a 31-year-old man who was in the same budget hotel room as Albertine during a 4.30am raid.

Earlier, four suspects - two men and two women - aged 28 to 55 years old were arrested by the police in Iskandar Puteri and Johor Baru on Monday (July 22).

The case was investigated under Section 365 of the Penal Code for kidnapping or abducting someone with the intent to secretly and wrongfully confine them, and Section 14(a) of the Sexual Offences Against Children Act 2017, which is physical contact with a child without consent.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Three rural areas in Sabah declared disaster zones after floods
Severe rain warning issued for several areas in Sabah
INTERACTIVE: A peek into the balik kampung exodus
MMA calls for stronger action against illegal clinics in Kuala Lumpur
The hidden struggle of M’sian women stranded in Lombok
Stable meal prices despite festive rush
Road safety experts: Smart lanes a double-edged sword
Three fined RM128.9mil over 1,000 wildlife parts
Light bites draw crowds at Bertam bazaar
Court orders preacher to pay KJ RM830k in damages

Others Also Read