See you in court, Nenggiri rep tells Kelantan Speaker after seat declared vacant


PETALING JAYA: I will take it to court as the Kelantan State Assembly Speaker was hasty in vacating my seat, says Nenggiri assemblyman Mohd Azizi Abu Naim.

The Bersatu rogue, who won the seat in the last state election on a PAS ticket, said the Speaker had announced the vacancy without replying to a question whether Bersatu representatives in Kelantan come under the purview of PAS.

Kelantan Speaker Datuk Mohd Amar Nik Abdullah had declared the Nenggiri state seat vacant effective Wednesday (June 19).

ALSO READ : Kelantan Speaker declares rogue Bersatu rep's Nenggiri state seat vacant

"This overzealous decision by the Speaker to vacate the Nenggiri seat victimises my constituents as it robs them of the change to get the allocations promised by the Federal Government," Mohd Azizi said when contacted.

He also said he would speak to his lawyers on Thursday (June 20) to determine the best way to challenge the decision.

"Despite winning the seat under the PAS logo, I was never treated the same as PAS assemblyman. Rice rations for my constituency would be given to PAS representatives to distribute.

"This is why I had to shift my allegiance to the Federal Government to request for an allocation to serve my constituents. Now, by vacating my seat, they have denied my constituents their right to the Federal allocation," said Mohd Azizi.

Mohd Amar had earlier said the decision was made after the Kelantan State Legislative Assembly received a written notice of Azizi's termination from Bersatu on June 13.

“With this, I announce the unexpected vacancy of the Nenggiri seat represented by Azizi. The seat needs to be filled within 60 days of the Election Commission’s acknowledgement of the vacancy notice,” he said.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

PAS to meet before Aidiladha to deliberate continued Bersatu cooperation
Sabah PKR youth unfazed by exit of two division chiefs
Record number of 347,000 train tickets on sale for holiday period
Bipartisan committee can help expedite MA63 issues, 40% revenue rights, says Bangkuai
Bukit Aman to investigate those linked to discovery of prohibited items at Ipoh HQ lock-up
Police step up traffic management as Aidiladha exodus builds up in Gua Musang
MetMalaysia warns of thunderstorms in nine states until 7pm (May 24)
Raya exodus commences; traffic building up on several major expressways
Anwar scheduled to open two-day Sabah Kaamatan festival
WCE Section 3 targets year-end completion, to open in 2027

Others Also Read