E-hailing driver lodges second report over alleged assault by prominent individual’s entourage, says KL police chief


Datuk Rusdi Mohd Isa.-filepic

KUALA LUMPUR: An e-hailing driver, who lodged a police report claiming he was allegedly assaulted by an escort of a prominent individual's entourage, has lodged a second police report, claiming the matter has been settled.

Kuala Lumpur police chief Comm Datuk Rusdi Mohd Isa said the victim lodged the first report at about 1pm on Tuesday (May 28), claiming that he was attacked by the escort.

"The incident occurred due to a misunderstanding over an instruction to move his vehicle.

"The case is being investigated under Section 323 of the Penal Code for voluntarily causing hurt," he said in a statement on Wednesday (May 28).

However, the e-hailing driver lodged another report at about 9.59pm on Tuesday, saying the matter has been resolved amicably.

"He also did not want to prolong the case," he said.

Comm Rusdi reminded the public not to speculate on the matter.

"The public can contact the KL police hotline at 03-21159999 or any nearest police station for any inquiry or information," he said.

It was previously reported cops were probing an incident where a disabled e-hailing driver was allegedly assaulted by an escort of a prominent person's entourage.

Bukit Aman CID director Comm Datuk Seri Mohd Shuhaily Mohd Zain had previously confirmed that an investigation paper has been opened under Section 323 of the Penal Code in connection with the alleged incident.

Information on the incident went viral on social media.

It is learnt that the driver suffered a minor injury as a result of the alleged assault.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Nancy: We are monitoring the sexual harassment case in Sarawak involving police officer
Mindef to strengthen local defence industry, says Khaled
Woman fined RM2,000 for offering sexual services
Malaysia warns regional nations over Norway defence deals after axed RM1bil missile pact
Johor Barisan's move to contest state election independently not a betrayal of unity govt, says Zambry
Penang litterbugs face street sweeping, drain cleaning from July
Volunteer fire brigades hit back at corruption claims after viral post
Fifteen detained over Bukit Bintang flare incident
Property valuation firm manager loses over RM505,000 in investment scam
Ag Mohd Tahir convicted under anti-money laundering act

Others Also Read