Gilley's claim of Malaysia being 'unsafe' refuted by US travel advisory


KUALA LUMPUR: The United States maintains the lowest level of alert for its citizens travelling to Malaysia.

Since July 24 last year, the US State Department's website page has maintained Malaysia at "Level One" and advised its citizens to exercise normal precautions.

Level One is the lowest level out of four.

Earlier this week, US academic Bruce Gilley claimed in a post on X that Malaysia is not safe to travel to.

He said on the social media platform that he had left Malaysia due to safety concerns caused by an “Islamo-fascist mob whipped up by the government there”.

This came after Gilley's talk on Tuesday (April 23), during which he reportedly downplayed Malaysia's ties with the United States.

He also claimed that Malaysia had pushed for a "second holocaust against the Jewish people", which has since drawn massive criticism online.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
   

Next In Nation

Kelantanese women avoid cancer screening for fear of losing husbands, burdening family
Ulu Tiram attack: Suspect not JI member, initial link made due to father's past, says IGP
Ulu Tiram attack: Slain hero Konstabel Ahmad Azza Fahmi laid to rest
Motorist abandons car, dives into monsoon drain to avoid mob after accident
Melaka Immigration Department busts illegal bird's nest factory in late-night raid
Ulu Tiram attack: 'Wait for me to come back', Konstabel Fahmi's last words to his friends
Ulu Tiram attack: National hero Konstabel Muhamad Syafiq laid to rest
Ulu Tiram attack: Perak govt to contribute RM5,000 to Fahmi's family, says MB
More than 900 infants diagnosed with hearing problems last year, says Dr Dzulkefly
Elderly man fined RM10,000 for drunk driving

Others Also Read