MB's son among six remanded over document forgery, false claim case


KANGAR: The son of a Mentri Besar is among six individuals remanded by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) here to assist in investigations regarding a case of submitting false documents and claims involving RM600,000 over the past two years.

Magistrate Ana Rozana Mohd Nor granted the remand order for all suspects starting Wednesday (April 24) until tomorrow following a request from the MACC to conduct investigations under Section 18 of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Act 2009.

According to sources, two civil servants from the MB’s Office and the State Secretary's Office were also detained, along with contractors and owners of various companies.

"The suspects are believed to be owners of companies, contractors, and civil servants in the State Secretary's Administration Office and the Perlis MB’s Office.

"All six suspects, aged between 26 and 37, were detained in Perlis between 7am and 8am yesterday,” he said.

He said the case was being investigated relating to document forgery in making false claims when the project in question was not carried out. The project involved maintenance, repair, supply, and service works starting from 2022 until now, estimated to be worth RM600,000.

Meanwhile, in Putrajaya, senior director of the special operations division of the MACC, Datuk Azmi Kamaruzaman, confirmed the arrest. - Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Mentri Besar , son , MACC , false claims , project , remand

   

Next In Nation

Ulu Tiram attack: Slain hero Konstabel Ahmad Azza Fahmi laid to rest
Motorist abandons car, dives into monsoon drain to avoid mob after accident
Melaka Immigration Department busts illegal bird's nest factory in late-night raid
Ulu Tiram attack: 'Wait for me to come back', Konstabel Fahmi's last words to his friends
Ulu Tiram attack: National hero Konstabel Muhamad Syafiq laid to rest
Ulu Tiram attack: Perak govt to contribute RM5,000 to Fahmi's family, says MB
More than 900 infants diagnosed with hearing problems last year, says Dr Dzulkefly
Elderly man fined RM10,000 for drunk driving
Ulu Tiram attack: IGP says no Singaporean arrested, all seven remanded are local
Ulu Tiram attack: Two students detained not under ministry’s purview

Others Also Read