Cops identify KLIA shooting suspect

SEPANG: The public has been warned not to approach the suspect in the shooting of a bodyguard at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) Terminal 1, or to take the law into their own hands.

Bukit Aman Criminal Investigation Department (CID) director Comm Datuk Seri Mohd Shuhaily Mohd Zain told a press conference at KLIA on Sunday (April 14) that police were seeking one Hafizul Harawi, 38.

Hafizul has also been identified as the husband and business partner of the intended victim.

“The police have classified the suspect as armed and dangerous. Anyone who spots him is urged to share the information with the police but not to act alone,” he said.

Comm Mohd Shuhaily advised the public to keep their distance and call the police immediately.

ALSO READ: Shots fired at KLIA 1, one injured

“We have launched operations to trace him. All nearby and neighbouring (state CID chiefs) have been mobilised.

“I strongly urge the suspect to surrender peacefully to any police station. What happened has happened, and whatever happens next will not correct the (situation),” he said.

It was reported earlier that a bodyguard was shot at about 1.30am in KLIA.

It was believed that the target was a woman who was awaiting the arrival of an umrah group.

The bodyguard was seriously injured.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Sungai Bakap assemblyman laid to rest
Notification of Sungai Bakap seat vacancy to be sent to EC on May 25, says Penang CM
Explain May 16 fiasco even after U-turn on 40% revenue rights review, ex-CM tells Sabah govt
Ebit Lew trial: Witness denies flirting, having relationship with preacher
Sabah's Tunku Abdul Rahman Park signs sister park agreement with a Korean national park
Taiwan aims for tourism boost through collaborative workshop
Anwar calls for more empathy, open dialogue between faiths
Dr Wee extends condolences to Nor Zamri’s family
Beware of scam using MIDF name and logo
Malaysian High Commission in Port Moresby monitoring Papua New Guinea landslide

Others Also Read