GEORGE TOWN: Search and recovery efforts for the four remaining victims at the construction site of a logistics complex which collapsed in Batu Maung on Tuesday (Nov 28) is expected to end by noon Wednesday (Nov 29), says Bayan Lepas assemblyman Azrul Mahathir Aziz.
"Rescuers are aggressively removing the fallen concrete at the site to recover the victims.
"We expect once the concrete are removed, we would find the four remaining victims.
"As discussed earlier, we expect it to be done within the next two more hours," he told reporters after visiting the site at about 9.30am Wednesday.
Azrul also expressed regret over the incident and urged all relevant authorities to investigate on the incident and take strict actions.
"I hope such incidents do not repeat.
"As I was made to understand, work here is done on a 24-hour basis, so there needs stringent monitoring," he added.
Earlier, the Penang Island City Council (MBPP) issued a stop work order on the construction of the logistic warehouse.
Search and recovery efforts are ongoing at the site.
The current number of victims still missing stands at four, said to be pinned under the rubble where a building under construction had collapsed at about 9.45pm on Tuesday.
So far, rescuers have found five of the nine who were working at the scene at the time of the incident.
Two of them were found dead at the scene, another died on his way to hospital while two others, who were seriously injured, are being treated in Penang Hospital.