KOTA KINABALU: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim (pic) thanked Sabah Pakatan Harapan for withdrawing their suit against the Federal Government on the 40% state entitlement claim issue.
"Thank you for taking back the 'summon' because after taking over the government, I have told Datuk Seri Hajiji Noor that what is promised, we will try our best to deliver," he said.
He said this when closing an Islamic affairs convention here, Wednesday (Oct 4).
Anwar said the Sabah Pakatan representatives had challenged the government in the implementation of the Malaysia Agreement 1963 (MA63) prior to this.
He said several points under the MA63 had already been settled and sealed following the cooperation between Sabah and Sarawak with the Federal Government.
"There is already an agreement," he said.
Anwar reaffirmed the government’s commitment towards realising what Sabah and Sarawak wants needs, and said the close relation among all parties will bring about the results everyone hoped for.
On Sept 20, the 12 Sabah Pakatan representatives withdrew their suit against the Federal Government on entitlements under state rights.
However, these representatives had the right to file a fresh suit if the claims set and to pursue any unresolved constitutional rights.
In a joint statement, they said that this decision was made due to the positive progress pertaining to the claims under the Malaysia Agreement (MA63), and assurance given by the federal government that their claims would be addressed, among other reasons.