PETALING JAYA: The number of flood victims in Sabah and Perak has increased following incessant rain since 4pm.
As of 8pm, the number of flood victims in Beaufort, Sabah, rose to 228 victims from 102 which earlier recorded at noon.
Sabah State Disaster Management Committee in a statement said all of them had been relocated at Dewan Selagon temporary relief centre which was opened in Friday (Sept 22).
"All of the evacuees came from five villages in Beaufort. We are still monitoring the flood hotspots in the district," it said.
Meanwhile, the Perak State State Disaster Management Committee said the number of flash flood victims in the state had spiked since 6pm, with the SK Changkat Lobak temporary relief centre in Kerain remaining open.
It said the centre housed 35 victims, an increase from 33, from Kampung Matang Tengah.
Three temporary relief centres at SK Sungai Jernih in Selama, Balai Raya Kampung Klah in Sungkai and Kampung Simpang Halt Community Hall in Taiping, had since been closed.
"All of the victims have been allowed to return home."
At the same time, Perak Works Department in a statement said only one lane of the FT077 Jalan Pengkalan Hulu which connects with the Thai border in Hulu Perak was opened for all vehicles, following a landslide.