KUALA LUMPUR: Police have identified 25 people linked to the "Save Malaysia" rally and will take their statements soon.
"As of now, 25 people have been identified, and other individuals are also being looked into.
"They will be called to the Dang Wangi police headquarters to provide their statements soon.
"The investigation paper is being completed and will be forwarded to the Deputy Public Prosecutor for further action," Dang Wangi OCPD Asst Comm Noor Dellhan Yahaya said in a statement on Sunday (Sept 17).
When contacted, Muafakat Nasional supreme council member Datuk Tun Faisal Ismail Aziz confirmed that he had been called in to give his statement.
He said he and several others would give their statements at 10am at the Dang Wangi police headquarters on Monday (Sept 18).
The gathering on Saturday (Sept 16) saw hundreds march in Kuala Lumpur to protest the discharge not amounting to an acquittal (DNAA) granted to Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi for his graft case involving Yayasan Akalbudi.
Kuala Lumpur police chief Comm Datuk Allaudeen Abdul Majid, at a press conference Saturday, said that the rally failed to comply with provisions of the Peaceful Assembly Act and that the police had identified all persons of interest in connection with the rally.