The Hague court rules in Malaysia’s favour


PETALING JAYA: The Hague Court of Appeal has dismissed the Sulu claimants bid against Malaysia on three grounds, even stating that Spanish arbitrator Dr Gonzalo Stampa should have immediately ceased all arbitration activities after the Madrid Court nullified his appointment.

According to the Dutch court, the final arbitral award given to the eight individuals claiming to be heirs of the Sulu Sultanate on Feb 28 last year in France must be refused.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Removing numbers from counters has curtailed illegal entry syndicates, says Johor Immigration
46,542 commuting accidents recorded in 2025, says PERKESO
Man nabbed after failed snatch theft attempt in hospital parking lot
Sabah drafting 25-year forest conservation plan
Lorry driver arrested over use of fake permits to buy subsidised petrol
Sabah maintains carbon-negative status, expands forest projects
RM2.5mil for Wesak grassroots activities, says Anthony Loke
Thunderstorms and heavy rain expected on east coast, other states until 4pm
Community empowerment key for nearly 1 million caregiver-breadwinner women, says Nancy
WWF-Malaysia condemns suspected Bornean elephant poaching

Others Also Read