JOHOR BARU: The flood situation in Johor continues to worsen with the number of displaced victims rising to more than 33,000 at 217 temporary relief centres in all 10 districts.
The state disaster management committee said as of 8am on Friday (March 3), the number of flood victims increased to 33,149 compared to 31,865 at 4am.
“Segamat is the worst-hit district with 12,816 victims followed by Kluang (5,174), Batu Pahat (4,340), Kota Tinggi (3,689), Muar (2,829), Tangkak (1,999), Johor Baru (1,216), Mersing (722), Kulai (630) and Pontian (364).
“So far, the floods have also resulted in three deaths – two in Segamat and one in Kluang,” the committee said.
Based on a weather report from the Malaysian Meteorological Department, continuous rain is expected in Johor until Saturday (March 4).