Floods: I was on the ground since day one, says Ismail Sabri


  • Nation
  • Thursday, 20 Jan 2022

KUALA LUMPUR: I was already on the ground from the first day the floods hit the country on Dec 18 last year, says Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.

"So, if some of you say that they did not see my face, I have been on the ground, in the field since day one. I do not know about the others. I did not see their faces; MPs, state assemblymen," he said in his address in Parliament on Thursday (Jan 20).

His remarks triggered several Opposition MPs to stand up to protest the accusation.

MORE TO COME

Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

Ismail Sabri Yaakob , Parliament , Floods

   

Next In Nation

Azmin has a tendency to ‘micromanage’, says Amirudin
Muhyiddin should assist MACC to locate son-in-law, says Fahmi
Explain why Kelantan can’t resolve water woes, Anwar asks PAS, Perikatan
Company owners to be charged with fraud in Tawau
Vincent Tan, Berjaya Land file RM200mil suit against Sanusi
Kudat MMEA detains two Filipinos for ferrying controlled items without permit
State polls: Talk about bringing down Federal Govt will not aid economic recovery, says Nik Nazmi
State polls: Don't miss out opportunities for a better life, Zahid tells Kelantan folk
Sanusi sues Saifuddin over REE theft allegations
Ipoh cops on the hunt for car thieves

Others Also Read