Woman in Tanjong Tokong was knocked unconscious and robbed, no evidence of rape, say cops


GEORGE TOWN: A foreign woman was attacked and robbed in Tanjong Tokong here on Sunday (Sept 12) but no evidence of rape was found, contrary to claims on social media, say police.

George Town OCPD Asst Comm Soffian Santong said investigations are ongoing and the woman, who is in her 20s, was recovering from her injuries in hospital.

"The woman who was out for a walk on Sunday, was hit in the back of the head and blacked out.

"When she regained consciousness, she realised her mobile phone was missing.

"There were no CCTV or eyewitnesses at the scene but we have recorded statements from two people who saw the woman in the area before the incident.

"So far, medical reports found no sign of rape and we are investigating the case under Section 394 of the Penal Code for voluntarily causing hurt while committing a robbery," said ACP Soffian on Wednesday (Sept 15).

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

Robbery , Tanjong Tokong , Woman , Police , Fake news

   

Next In Nation

Survey: 57% of Malaysian women experience sexual harassment verbally on the streets
Come back to Malaysia willingly, cops tell Nur Sajat
Waterspout spotted as downpours continue in Sabah
Climate influences mass flowering phenomenon in M'sia, says FRIM study
Croc sighted near Kampung Nagapas, Papar captured
Cops bust syndicate specialised in stealing lorries
Tajuddin to contest top Umno positions at next party polls
Floods hit Kota Kinabalu, Penampang, Tuaran after downpour
Covid-19 issues, Undi18 to be raised in Dewan Rakyat on Tuesday (Sept 21)
Flashback #Star50: Margaret sweeps in

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers