PUTRAJAYA: Several localities in Pahang, Terengganu and Perak will be placed under the enhanced movement control order after Covid-19 cases were reported there.
In Pahang, the enhanced MCO will be imposed on three villages at Tras sub-district in Raub where so far, health authorities recorded 17 positive cases from screenings carried out at the villages.
The affected villages are Kampung Baru Tras, Kampung Sungai Cheetang and Kampung Sang Lee, which will be placed under the enhanced MCO from May 13-26.
Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said the enhanced MCO will also be imposed on Rumah Awam Kos Rendah Pelagat 3 in Besut, Terengganu.
He said the locality had recorded 52 positive cases out of 86 swab tests carried out on its residents.
“Health officials also confirmed that the locality is experiencing high infectivity over the past week and that the lockdown will allow mass screenings to be carried out so that those positive can be isolated and treated, while close contacts can be monitored, ” he said on Tuesday (May 11).
The enhanced MCO on the locality will take effect from May 14-27.
In Perak, the enhanced MCO will be placed on MRSM Pengkalan Hulu where 91 positive cases were reported out of 547 screenings carried at the locality.
Ismail Sabri said that health authorities are still waiting for results from 226 swab tests and that the area is experiencing a high infectivity rate.
The enhanced MCO on MRSM Pengkalan Hulu will take effect from May 13-26.
Authorities are also extending the lockdown placed on five residential areas around Sungai Klau in Raub, Pahang which was scheduled to end on May 12.
Ismail Sabri said that 331 screenings were carried out, with 11 Covid-19 positive cases reported.
“However, we were told that the localities are still experiencing a high infectivity rate and the government has agreed to extend the enhanced MCO from May 13 to 26, ” he said.