NIBONG TEBAL: Police have obtained several leads in an attempted murder, in which a 37-year-old man sustained a gunshot wound in the Seri Tambun commercial area here.
Penang police chief Datuk Dennis Lim Kwang Keng said, however, he could not disclose the leads as further investigations are still ongoing.
"Indeed, (the police) have leads on the case, and we need a little more time to conduct further investigations, including tracking down the suspects believed to be involved in the shooting incident.
"So far, we have called up several individuals, but this does not mean they have been detained as suspects; it is to record their statements to aid the investigation," he told reporters at the South Seberang Perai district police headquarters here on Monday (Aug 17).
Meanwhile, when asked about the possible motive behind the shooting, Lim said the police still do not have solid evidence to draw any conclusions regarding the motive.
The victim, a local man, suffered a gunshot wound to his right arm in the incident, which occurred at about 10am on July 26.
He was taken to Hospital Seberang Jaya for treatment and is reportedly in stable condition.
The case is being investigated under Section 307 of the Penal Code for attempted murder and Section 39 of the Arms Act 1960. – Bernama
