Triple murder in Dengkil in 2013
– Three people were killed including a two-year-old infant.
– There was no lead in the investigation except an unknown DNA profile collected at the crime scene.
– In 2017, two samples collected from suspects during Ops Cantas proved a match.
– Suspects were subsequently charged.
Ops Tebuk in 2018– Several foreign suspects were detained and their DNA samples collected and analysed.
– DNA samples of more than 20 suspects were identified and linked to several burglaries in several states.
– Since 2018, Bukit Aman’s D13 division uploaded crime scene DNA profiles from cold case rapes into the DNA Databank.
– Many hits were obtained leading to several cold cases from 1999,2000 and 2001 solved.