JASIN: An elderly man died in a freak accident shortly after surviving the fire that ravaged his wooden home in Kampung Lombong Chin Chin here.
Jasin OCPD Deputy Supt Mispani Hamdan said the man was outside when the fire broke out at about 1.30pm on Tuesday (Oct 20), but then entered the building to assess the extent of the damage to his house.
He said the victim entered the house soon after Jasin Fire and Rescue Department personnel managed to douse the fire at 2.10pm.
"Unfortunately, he was electrocuted when he was moving around his razed home," Deputy Supt Mispani said.
Deputy Supt Mispani said the victim was rushed to the Jasin Hospital where doctors tried to resuscitate him, but he died at about 3pm on Tuesday.
A picture shared by Jasin police shows the victim identified as Lee Fu Sing, 70, talking to a policeman with another villager before being accidentally electrocuted.
Did you find this article insightful?
83% readers found this article insightful