Census rescheduled following spike in Covid-19 cases, says Tok Pa


A screenshot of the main landing page of the e-census website.

PETALING JAYA: The second phase of the Population and Housing Census to be carried out this month has been rescheduled to Jan 20 until Feb 6, 2021 in view of the recent spike in Covid-19 cases in the country, said Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed.

The Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department (Economic Affairs) said the second phase, which involves face-to-face interviews, was originally scheduled for Oct 7 to 24, but had been rescheduled.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Three rural areas in Sabah declared disaster zones after floods
Severe rain warning issued for several areas in Sabah
INTERACTIVE: A peek into the balik kampung exodus
Road safety experts: Smart lanes a double-edged sword
Suspected bank fraud alert ends in surprise Lunar New Year joy
Stable meal prices despite festive rush
Search efforts end as second drowning victim found
Washed ashore, but still dangerous
Never too young to fast
RM2.15mil in e-waste seized

Others Also Read