Sabah government tightens rules during recovery MCO, those who break SOP will be compounded


  • Nation
  • Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020

KOTA KINABALU: The Sabah government will enforce all the standard operating procedures (SOP) for all activities allowed in the state during the recovery movement control order (MCO).

Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Shafie Apdal said this includes the wearing of face masks at public places and the washing of hands frequently with water and soap or using hand sanitizers.

“The SOP for restaurants or premises selling food and beverages must be followed as listed; a two metre distance between tables with one metre social distancing between patrons, and the capacity of patrons at a table will be based on the table size as one chair must remain empty on each side of each patron, ” said Shafie.

He added in a statement issued on Tuesday (July 28) that restaurant operators or patrons who disregard the SOP will be compounded under the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Regulations.

Shafie added that in line with the decision of the federal government, individuals who returned from overseas and entered Sabah through sea, land or air routes, will be ordered to undergo mandatory quarantine at designated quarantine centres effective Wednesday (July 29).

He said that they will be quarantined for 14 days or any number of days set by the state Health Department for a Person Under Surveillance (PUS).

“The cost for quarantine at designated hotels is RM150 a day per person for Malaysians and non-Malaysians, and the cost for those who hold OKU (disabled) cards or Welfare cards will be borne by the government, ” he added.

Shafie also said that those from Sabah who opt for quarantine at government-run quarantine centres will not have to pay, while those who are not from the state will have to pay RM150 a day per person and added that this will include the dependents of residents.

“The PUS will have to bear the cost of the tests - the Polymerase Chain Reaction Test (PCR) and the Rapid Test Kit (RTK) - set by the state health department, ” said Shafie.

The Sabah government has also decided that it is mandatory for all sea crew involved in signing-on and signing-off processes at all ports in this State to undergo the Covid-19 PCR and RTK tests effective Wednesday (July 29).

He added that the costs of the tests and the quarantine costs at designated quarantine stations will be borne by their respective employers, and all employers and their crew must fully obey the SOP set by the Malaysian Health Ministry, the local authorities and related parties.

“The state government wants to remind people once again to avoid the 3Cs (crowded places, confined places and close conversation), and increase the 3Ws (washing hands, wearing a face mask, and listening to warnings from the Health Ministry).

Earlier on Tuesday, Sabah health department director Datuk Dr Christina Rundi said the four new Covid-19 cases detected in Kota Kinabalu and neighbouring Penampang involved locals where three were local transmissions and the other involved a woman with overseas travel history.

Contract tracing of all close contacts of these four cases have been completed and at present, there are seven cases in Sabah still being treated in hospitals.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 18
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

Sabah , Covid-19 , Quarantine , 3Cs , 3Ws , MCO , Shafie Apdal

   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

88% readers found this article insightful

Across the site