PUTRAJAYA: The father and son, who tested positive for Covid-19, after being evacuated with 105 other Malaysians from Wuhan, China have been allowed to go home.
The duo, who were being treated in isolation at the Tuanku Jaafar Hospital in Seremban, joined the remaining 105 who were released on Tuesday (Feb 18) after a 14-day quarantine.
Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad said all 107 have been declared free of Covid-19 after repeated tests conducted on them came back negative.
"The father and son were given repeated tests and twice the tests returned negative.
"The Health Ministry would like to congratulate all the agencies involved in making this evacuation mission a success," said Dr Dzulkefly at a press conference here.
Dr Dzulkefly, however, said one individual remains warded for an unrelated health issue.
The father, 45 and his son, nine, were asymptomatic when they were screened upon arrival at the KL International Airport (KLIA) on Feb 4.
However, their tests later returned positive and the two were subsequently admitted to hospital.
The Wuhan returnees had been quarantined at the Higher Education Leadership Academy (AKEPT)'s campus near Nilai for 14 days.
Following the discharge of the father and son, the number of confirmed Covid-19 patients that have recovered and allowed to go home is 11.
With no new positive cases of Covid-19, the tally remains at 22 cases, with 11 patients still under treatment.
Out of the 22,15 are China nationals, six are Malaysians and one is an American.
Meanwhile, on the two Malaysians on board the Diamond Princess cruise ship who tested positive for Covid-19, Dzulkefly said they will be looked after by Japanese health officials as it is under Japan's jurisdiction.
"There were four Malaysians on the cruise ship, and two had tested positive for Covid-19.
"As the ship docked in Japan, they will be under Japan's jurisdiction and it is standard protocol that they remained quarantined until they have fully recovered from the disease," said Dr Dzulkefly.