EXCLUSIVE:PETALING JAYA: The arrest of a former telco chief executive officer last week for alleged trespass and threats against his ex-wife and her family was just the tip of the iceberg.
The Star has learnt that his ex-wife has lodged at least 15 police reports since 2015, after the couple had divorced, alleging he had also molested and outraged the modesty of their children.
Both have joint custody of their two daughters and one son.
The former CEO was arrested at the Hulu Kelang police station last Thursday after he allegedly trespassed into his ex-wife’s home and issued a death threat the day before.
He was released on police bail on Sunday, a day before his four-day remand ended.
Bukit Aman Sexual, Women and Child Investigations Division (D11) principal assistant director Asst Comm Choo Lily confirmed that D11 had conducted investigations into these previous reports.
She said the cases were classified as NFA (No Further Action) after consultation with the deputy public prosecutors (DPPs) involved.
“Some of these cases were classified as NFA by the DPP due to lack of evidence.
“Others were mainly reports over custody of their children.
“But if there is any new evidence or allegations, of course the case would be re-looked at,” she said.
The earlier police reports, copies of which The Star has obtained, contained allegations by the mother that their children had been molested by their own father.
Based on one of these reports, lodged in 2017, D11 applied for an interim protection order for the ex-wife and their children under Section 14 of the Sexual Offences Against Children Act 2017.
This interim protection order was granted on Nov 14, 2017, by a Magistrate’s Court in Kuala Lumpur, but under Section 4 of the Domestic Violence Act 1994.
However, that order expired last December and in March this year, the investigation was classified as NFA as the Social Welfare Department said investigations into the matter had been completed.
The Star has reached out to the former CEO for his side of the story, but there has been no response as at press time.
A spokesperson for the Social Welfare Department confirmed the case was classified as NFA when contacted by The Star, but could not provide further information due to the need for confidentiality.
The trail goes back four years when the mother, suspecting something amiss, brought her two daughters to a licensed counsellor in 2015.
This counselling session was recorded on video, which The Star has seen.
In the session, the children graphically recount some of the things their father allegedly did to them.
The counsellor, Wong Kah Peng aka Nicholas Wong, subsequently advised the mother to lodge a police report after hearing the accounts of the two girls, who were aged eight and 10 at the time.
Wong also filed an affidavit with the Kuala Lumpur Syariah Court on May 8, 2015, during the couple’s custody hearing, in which he testified that the 10-year-old had told him that her father came to her bed and laid down beside her, then put his penis into her hand.
This woke her up and when she told her father that this made her uncomfortable, he told her to keep it a secret.
These allegations were present in the video The Star saw, though the daughter added that it might have been an accident.
Wong, in his affidavit, wrote that he was always ready to speak out in court as he had a responsibility under the law to report any immoral activities done to children.
A spokesperson for the Women’s Aid Organisation (WAO), an NGO that supports survivors of domestic violence and other forms of gender- based violence, confirmed that it had provided services to the mother at this time.
However, WAO could not provide any more information, citing confidentiality.
In September 2015, the ex-wife lodged another police report at the Pantai police station.
According to this police report, a copy of which The Star has seen, the younger daughter had complained of abdominal pain and nausea to a nurse at the international school she was attending.
The nurse then brought the child to Pantai Hospital for a medical examination, and the doctor there referred the case to the University Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC) for further tests.
The UMMC team advised the mother to lodge the police report as they suspected the child had been molested by an “unknown person”.
In 2017, the mother lodged another report after her younger daughter allegedly told her that their father had molested her and her elder sister at various locations, including at his home.
The mother also lodged a police report last November after her son allegedly told her that he had been forced to sleep in the nude beside his father.
The Star has learnt that the two girls are currently still staying with their father, while the boy is with the mother.
Burden of proof means few paedophiles are convicted