KUALA LUMPUR: It is not true that the Health Ministry reacted late in the recent chemical dumping incident at Sungai Kim Kim in Pasir Gudang, Johor, says Minister Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad (pic).
According to Dr Dzulkefly, medical attention was given to victims from the first day of the incident.
“The Health Ministry acted from the first day. I also called the Johor Health Department from the first day, and we have treated every case, regardless of whether it’s serious or otherwise.
“For some cases, we put them under observation. So, the issue of the Health Ministry acting late is not true at all,” he said.
At the same time, Dr Dzulkefly said the total number of cases reported since March 7 is 937, while on March 13 there was a total of 162 cases.
Out of the 162 cases, Dr Dzulkefly said that 108 of were patients being admitted to hospital.
“So far, no deaths have been reported due to the chemical spill,” he added.
Did you find this article insightful?