Wisma Putra: Malaysian vessel secures safe passage through Strait of Hormuz


KUALA LUMPUR: The Foreign Ministry confirmed that one of the seven Malaysian-owned commercial vessels previously stranded in the Strait of Hormuz due to the evolving regional situation has been granted safe passage and is now en route to its final destination.

"Malaysia remains firmly committed to the principle of freedom of navigation, safety and security of maritime passage, in accordance with international law.

ALSO READ: 'Iran does not forget its friends': First Malaysian ship passes through Strait of Hormuz, says embassy

"Malaysia also reiterates the importance of continued dialogue and diplomatic engagement in addressing regional challenges and maintaining peace and stability," Wisma Putra said in a statement on Tuesday (April 7).

On Monday, the Iranian Embassy in Malaysia said that the first Malaysian ship had passed through the Strait of Hormuz.

"We had said that the Islamic Republic of Iran does not forget its friends," the embassy posted on the X platform. – Bernama

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

JPJ to intensify drone use to detect traffic offences over Aidiladha period
PM Anwar holds phone call with Tamil Nadu chief minister Vijay
Onn Hafiz says he was target of sophisticated 'mercenary spyware' attack
Teacher detained to assist probe into sexual assault of schoolboy in Mersing
Debt collector pleads guilty to sexual assault, wrongful confinement and robbery
GSF 2.0: Released Malaysians safe in Istanbul, expected home on Sunday
Reform task force recommends using local firms to advise govt, digitalise more services�
PAS issues gag order on members over party ties issue
Bersama to contest in Pakatan, BN and Perikatan strongholds, says Nik Nazmi
MACC to appeal Singapore dismissal of RM548mil asset restraining order

Others Also Read