PETALING JAYA: There will be no Raya eviction for the residents of the PKNS flats in Kampung Sungai Baru, Kuala Lumpur as those who received notices to vacate would be able to stay until July 31, says the Department of the Director-General of Lands and Mines (JKPTG).
The department said an accompanying letter had been issued to residents to explain the land take-over notice (Form K).
“The issuance of this accompanying letter is a standard procedure in the land acquisition process to inform that the flats are vested to the relevant statutory body, namely the Kampung Baru Development Corporation (PKB).
“PKB, as the rightful holder of the flats, has no restrictions to allow the former owners to continue living there until July 31.
“PKB will issue a letter of permission to the owners once Form K is issued by JKPTG,” the department said in a statement on Monday (April 11).
It added that the land acquisition for the redevelopment of Kampung Sungai Baru was announced on June 21, 2021, under Section 8 of the Land Acquisition Act 1960 (APT 1960).
The acquisition involved 72 flat units, 37 terrace houses and a TNB substation lot.
“Compensation payments to the flat owners were paid in stages starting February this year.
“They were paid between RM198,000 and RM350,000, as per the First Table principle under the act.
“Any homeowner who is dissatisfied with the land administrator's award can submit an objection through ‘Form N’ within 42 days from the date of the award,” the department added.
Residents of the low-cost flats were shocked to receive eviction notices which were given a month before Hari Raya.
They said the notices did not indicate when they would have to move out, causing anxiety among residents.