Laos DPM: Production of face masks must be of highest quality


  • Laos
  • Sunday, 12 Jul 2020

VIETIANE, July 12 (Vientiane Times/ANN): Deputy Prime Minister, Dr Sonexay Siphandone, who is also Minister of Planning and Investment, inspected two face mask factories in Vientiane urging the facilities to maintain production standards and meet Ministry of Health standards.

Dr Sonexay Siphandone visited the two mask factories in Dongnatong village, Sikhottabong district and was given a rundown on both facilities’ operations and steps in production.

The DPM encouraged both factories to focus on improving their production systems and ensuring the product fulfils Ministry of Health standards so the public could have a reliable supply of affordable face masks.

One of the factories was constructed earlier this year and utilises the latest manufacturing equipment from China. The facility is currently undertaking a production trial, has eight staff and ultimately will be capable of producing up to 400,000 masks a day.

The factory is focusing on supplying both the domestic and international markets and is waiting for a license from the Ministry of Health.

The second face mask factory has installed modern machinery from Thailand and is carrying out trial production runs and expects to launch under the NNUP brand at the end of this month.

The factory can produce 80 masks per 1 minute and expects to sell 30 per cent in Laos with 70 per cent for export.

According to Prime Minister Decree No. 201/PM, dated June 30,2017, the Ministry of Planning and Investment is the government agency responsible for the central and regional administration of planning and investment, researching strategies, master plans, and preparations for the National Socio-Economic Development Plan.

It also devises mechanisms and policies related to economic management, statistics, the promotion and management of domestic and foreign private investment, and seeks official development assistance and international cooperation.

On Saturday (July 11), the Laos Ministry of health said the country had reported no new cases of Covid-19 for 90 consecutive days.

Authorities and people countrywide must continue their efforts in implementing preventive measures, even as no new case of Covid-19 was reported in Laos for 90 days, Center of Information and Education for Health under Laos Ministry of Health reported in its press release.

It was essential that every person and all relevant authorities strictly abide by the "new normal" guidelines and rules laid down by the government, said the report.

Laos announced its first two Covid-19 confirmed cases on March 24, and the last patient was discharged on June 9. - The Vientiane Times/Asian News Network

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 18
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

100% readers found this article insightful

Across the site