Last batch of remains exhumed


  • Nation
  • Tuesday, 09 Jun 2015

WANG KELIAN: The last batch of remains of migrants has been recovered from 139 graves near here.

Perlis police chief Senior Asst Comm Shafie Ismail said seven skeletal remains were found yesterday, bringing the total number of victims to 106.

“The exhumation work has been completed. We have so far recovered 106 skeletal remains and some graves were found to be empty.

“We will continue to comb the area,” he said.

All the remains will be sent to Sultanah Bahiyah Hospital for autopsy.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

Courts & Crime , Wang Kelian

   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

Next In Nation

Covid-19: Cases up by 1,075, bringing total to 69,095 (updated daily)
Economists: Get the people to spend
Business sector prefers targeted MCO in selected areas
‘Extension needed in Sabah’
Cops ready if CMCO is extended in the Klang Valley
Mixed reaction over situation in Penang
Police haul up 482 for flouting RMCO
Health DG: 11 new deaths reported
PM: Welfare aid to be raised to RM1,000 immediately
Conditions set to hire foreign workers

Stories You'll Enjoy