Korean Open: Kien Keat-Boon Heong making steady progress


Malaysian independent doubles pair Tan Boon Heong (left) and Koo Kien Keat in action at the world badminton championships in Denmark last year. - AP

PETALING JAYA: Former world No. 1 badminton pair Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong are continuing to impress since reuniting in April.

World No. 55 Kien Keat-Boon Heong, who went separate ways after the world meet in Copenhagen in August last year, defeated England’s world No. 19 Marcus Ellis-Chris Langridge 21-16, 21-10 in 37 minutes to reach the second round of the Korean Open on Wednesday.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Badminton

Cramp denies Eogene place in Malaysian Masters main draw
Zii Jia competing in next month’s US Open in California
Tang Jie, Ee Wei first mixed doubles pair to win national sports awards
Pearly will be ready for Singapore and Indonesian Opens
Another 1-2 home finish is possible, says Aaron
Lee gets in but decides to skip home tourney
Facing it bravely
Big blow as Pearly still sidelined, misses home Masters with Thinaah
Jun Hao admits missing training, says he had reasons
Zafrul keeps faith in Tangkis 2030 after Thomas Cup flop

Others Also Read