PETALING JAYA: Malaysia’s top men’s singles shuttler Leong Jun Hao has acknowledged missing several training sessions after being accused of skipping practice.
The 27-year-old admitted the claim by Badminton Association of Malaysia performance committee chairman Datuk Seri Lee Chong Wei that he had missed training at the Academy Badminton Malaysia in Bukit Kiara.
However, he insisted he had valid reasons but declined to elaborate.
“I did miss training, and there were reasons for it. I do not wish to comment further on the matter,” said Jun Hao.
He was met during the test court session at the Unifi Arena in Bukit Jalil on Monday (May 18) ahead of the Malaysian Masters, which begins on Tuesday (May 19).
Earlier, Chong Wei said Jun Hao was among players involved in disciplinary issues and had been given a final warning by BAM.
