AN individual has made a claim on social media saying that a foreigner misused his deceased father's MyKad number to make a claim for unclaimed money through the eGumis portal.
Is there any truth to this allegation?
Verdict:

FALSE
The National Registration Department (NRD) denied that the deceased's MyKad number had been misused or that a foreigner was involved.
It said checks found that both individuals referred to in a social media post were Malaysian citizens, each with a different MyKad number.
"It also found no element of identity misuse, unauthorised issuance of identification documents or involvement of foreigners as alleged," the NRD said in a statement on Friday (Dec 19).
The social media post in question shows two different names on the eGumis portal, which is managed by the Unclaimed Money Management Division of the Accountant General's Department.
In response, the NRD said the complainant's late father's MyKad number is valid and his name properly registered, noting that the family may obtain official verification at any NRD office.
The NRD said further checks verified the information and advised the complainant to contact the Unclaimed Money Management Division for verification and any claims according to established procedures.
"The public is advised not to speculate, make baseless accusations or spread unverified information as it may cause confusion and public concern," read the statement. – Bernama
