ALOR SETAR: The Kedah Education Department is investigating the alleged bullying of a primary school pupil in the state, following media reports on the matter on Saturday (May 23).
State education director Abdul Rahim Mat said the department views the allegations seriously and vowed to ensure justice for the victim via a transparent and thorough investigation.
He warned that strict disciplinary action would be taken against anyone found guilty.
"All educational institutions under the purview of the Kedah Education Department are reminded to take preventive measures to combat bullying. Any such incident must be addressed immediately based on established guidelines," he said in a statement on Sunday.
Media reports previously highlighted that a nine-year-old boy was allegedly bullied in three separate incidents at a Kubang Pasu primary school.
The victim's mother claimed the incidents, involving three different pupils, occurred on May 17 last year, as well as on March 26 and May 17 this year, leaving her son with a fractured arm and bruises on his cheek and eye.
The housewife said the repeated abuse had traumatised her son, making him afraid to attend school. She has since lodged a report at the Kubang Pasu district police headquarters and transferred her child to another school. - Bernama
