Remand extended for three in death of foster child


KUALA TERENGGANU: The remand of three foster family members suspected of abusing a three-year-old boy to death in Kampung Banggol Katong has been extended for six days, beginning Monday (April 20).

Kuala Terengganu police chief ACP Azli Mohd Noor said the remand order, issued by the Kuala Terengganu Magistrate's Court on Sunday morning (April 19), will run until April 25 after the previous remand period ended on Sunday.

ALSO READ: Three-year-old dies, three foster family members arrested in alleged abuse case

“The remand order against all suspects has been extended for six days until April 25," he said when contacted.

On Tuesday (April 14), police arrested the three individuals, two men and a woman aged 30 to 50, to assist in the investigation.

Azli said the arrests followed a report received from a medical officer at the Bukit Payong Health Clinic in Marang, stating that a child had been brought in unconscious with multiple injuries.

The victim was later pronounced dead after medical examination found no signs of breathing, oxygen levels, pupil response or heartbeat.

Preliminary investigations revealed that the child had been living with the foster family for the past three months. Urine tests also found that one of the suspects, namely the foster father, tested positive for methamphetamine and has 11 criminal records. – Bernama

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
remand , extend , abuse , boy , died

Next In Nation

Electrician electrocuted while installing power pole in Sandakan
Govt rules out acquisition of Datasonic Technologies
RM41mil in assets seized, 12 detained in Sabah illegal mining crackdown
Haze: 12 areas record unhealthy API readings as of 8pm
Sarawak fires: 30-hectare peatland fire in Betong, water bombing controls Lundu blaze
KL police launch bullying probe into 14-year-old female student's death
Malaysian detained in Pakistan scam call centre raid released, returns home
Man suffers burns in Semporna hotel restaurant fire
Activists push for nationwide independent bloc ahead of GE
Fear of heights freezes two men on 14th-floor ledge before firefighters intervene

Others Also Read