MM2H brought in RM3.87bil in cash, property investment last year


KUALA LUMPUR: The Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) programme has generated RM3.87bil for the nation’s economy as of the end of last year.

The Tourism, Arts and Culture Ministry said the achievement was unveiled during the MM2H Appreciation Night held on Friday, where 252 licensed MM2H operating companies and strategic partners from government agencies and the private sector were recognised for their contributions.

“Since the implementation of the revised policy in June 2024, the programme has recorded 14,535 applications, comprising 5,239 principals and 9,296 dependants.

“China remained the largest contributor with 7,600 applications, followed by Taiwan (2,419) and Hong Kong (604). Strong interest was also recorded from Singapore, the United States and the United Kingdom,” it said in a statement.

The ministry said the RM3.87bil economic contribution included participation fees, fixed deposits placed in local banking institutions, as well as property investments amounting to RM1.5bil to date.

“The property investment figure is expected to increase by another RM2.3bil, taking into account participants who are currently in the process of purchasing homes,” it added.

During the event, the ministry presented special awards to five operating companies for outstanding performance.

Among them, Ecoworks Solutions (MM2H) Sdn Bhd received the Gold Award for best overall performance.

“To further strengthen the programme’s implementation, we have digitalised the application process through an online system and launched a dedicated MM2H promotional website,” it said.

A memorandum of understanding was also signed with Bank of China, alongside plans to expand strategic collaborations with related sectors.

The ministry urged licensed operators that have yet to record any applications to be more aggressive and proactive in promoting the programme internationally.

“Cooperation between the ministry, the Immigration Department, the police, as well as the banking and property sectors, remains ­crucial in ensuring Malaysia retains its position as a safe and competitive “second home” destination globally,” it said.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Sarawak in talks to export power to Borneo, Singapore
King grants audience to Anwar
Mohd Khafiz latest Malaysian to conquer Mount Everest
Drug gangs busted with seizures worth RM17.8mil in KLIA, Ampang Jaya
Safety code for online takedown of child sexual abuse materials to be in force next month
AG, Public Prosecutor separation Bill to be re-tabled June 22, says Azalina
PKR can prove Rafizi and Nik Nazmi joined Bersama before vacating seats, says sec-gen
Three South Koreans plead not guilty to kidnapping, demanding nearly RM40mil ransom
Court to decide on Zizie Izette’s graft case on July 20
Job placement for registered refugees to help ease critical workforce issues, says Saifuddin

Others Also Read