Cops waiting for AGC's instructions on next step in 'men only' spa case, Dewan Rakyat told


KUALA LUMPUR: Police have submitted investigation papers to the Attorney General's Chambers (AGC) on the 171 local men detained in a raid on a "men only" wellness centre in the city's Chow Kit area last year, says Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail.

The Home Minister said the probe was made under several provisions of the law.

ALSO READ: 'Men only' spa raid: 171 get off scot-free after court rejects remand bid in 'victimless' case

"Investigations were conducted under Section 373 of the Penal Code for trafficking in persons for the purpose of prostitution; Section 5(2) of the Film Censorship Act 2002 for possessing or distributing obscene material without approval from the Film Censorship Board; Sections 377B/511 and 377D of the Penal Code for attempted carnal intercourse against the order of nature or attempted commission of an offence; as well as Sections 269 and 270 of the Penal Code for negligent and malicious acts likely to spread dangerous diseases," he said in a parliamentary written reply dated Wednesday (Feb 5).

Saifuddin Nasution said the investigation papers were referred to the AGC on Dec 17 and that police are awaiting further instructions.

Datuk Seri Takiyuddin Hassan (PN-Kota Baru) had asked the Home Minister to state the government’s next steps regarding the 171 local men who were detained in November and later released without any prosecution because of insufficient evidence.

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Anwar takes over Pandan as adopted constituency
Supporters gather in KLIA to welcome Global Sumud Flotilla activists’ return
Shots fired at suspects attempting to ram policemen
Traffic builds up on major highways as holiday travellers return
Malaysian citizen confirmed dead in Philippine building collapse
Bersatu claims PAS failed to work together to resolve Perlis, NS crises
Two killed in road collision near Bagan Serai
We are the moderate brand that gave you votes, Bersatu tells PAS off
Don’t poke into our internal affairs, Bersatu tells PAS
Defence Ministry mulling offers to replace cancelled Norwegian missile deal

Others Also Read