Caught with their pants down: Prosecutor, surgeon among 201 detained at 'men only' vice raid


KUALA LUMPUR: A total of 201 men were detained during a joint enforcement operation at a wellness centre along Jalan Raja Laut after authorities suspected the premises was being used for illicit activities.

The men, aged between 19 and 60, were picked up at around 8pm on Friday (Nov 28) in a surprise raid involving Kuala Lumpur police, Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) and the Federal Territories Islamic Religious Department (Jawi).

Of those detained, 17 were identified as civil servants, including a surgeon, a deputy public prosecutor, an administrative and diplomatic officer (PTD), a teacher and several enforcement officers.

Kuala Lumpur deputy police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Mohd Azani Omar said intelligence and surveillance on the two-storey premises had been conducted for two weeks following public complaints.

"Investigations revealed that immoral activities were allegedly taking place on the premises involving male patrons,” he said at the scene.

The centre, which operated under the guise of a health and wellness facility equipped with a gym, sauna, spa, swimming pool and designated rest areas catering specifically for men, is believed to have been running for the past eight months, DCP Azani said.

"Customers were charged a RM10 lifetime registration fee and RM35 per visit.

"We believe the operators promoted the centre through social media, where patrons would connect and mingle,” he said.

The arrests included locals as well as individuals from South Korea, Indonesia, Germany and China.

DCP Azani said police are investigating the case under Section 387B of the Penal Code for offences related to unnatural sexual acts.

Jawi also detained 80 Muslim men under Section 29 of the Syariah Criminal Offences (Federal Territories) Act 1997 for indecent behaviour in a public place.

The centre reportedly operated daily from 5pm until late at night, targeting patrons seeking to unwind after work.

All detainees were taken to the Dang Wangi police headquarters for further action.

Checks revealed that the venue had been widely discussed online among groups seeking social connections, with some visitors claiming the centre offered “special services”.

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
raid , immoral , activities , men , Mohd Azani Omar

Next In Nation

Cops open murder probe after body found in Sungai Perak
Tahfiz teacher arrested for sexual assault, abuse of two boys
Zayn Rayyan case: Sept 28 set for Ismanira’s appeal decision
Indonesia foils attempt to smuggle 75.7 tonnes of tin sand to Malaysia
Agriculture and Food Security Ministry to cut import reliance amid geopolitical uncertainties
No procession for Sarawak Maulidur Rasul celebration amid haze, hot weather
Immigration lorry crash: Investigation paper to be referred to AGC on Aug 20
Cops seize over 50,000 litres of misappropriated diesel during Puchong raid
Seven-day remand for man suspected of setting woman on fire
Budget 2027: Penang urges govt to commit to establishing new financial centre

Others Also Read