Six-year-old boy who was slashed in neck stable after surgery


This visual is AI-generated.

BATU PAHAT: The six-year-old boy who was slashed in the neck is in stable condition after undergoing surgery.

Batu Pahat OCPD Asst Comm Shahrulanuar Mushaddat Abdullah Sani said the boy is still being treated at Hospital Sultanah Nora Ismail (HSNI) here.

"The victim is able to speak but we have not yet recorded his statement as he has not fully recovered," he said here on Tuesday (Oct 28).

ACP Shahrulanuar declined to elaborate further as the police investigation is still ongoing.

"The case is being investigated under Section 326 of the Penal Code for causing grievous hurt," he said.

The victim's 40-year-old mother had lodged a police report on Monday (Oct 28) stating that her son, the youngest of three siblings, had been injured in the neck.

She said she made the grusome discovery just after waking up early Monday in their house in Parit Raja here.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Cops open murder probe after body found in Sungai Perak
Tahfiz teacher arrested for sexual assault, abuse of two boys
Zayn Rayyan case: Sept 28 set for Ismanira’s appeal decision
Indonesia foils attempt to smuggle 75.7 tonnes of tin sand to Malaysia
Agriculture and Food Security Ministry to cut import reliance amid geopolitical uncertainties
No procession for Sarawak Maulidur Rasul celebration amid haze, hot weather
Immigration lorry crash: Investigation paper to be referred to AGC on Aug 20
Cops seize over 50,000 litres of misappropriated diesel during Puchong raid
Seven-day remand for man suspected of setting woman on fire
Budget 2027: Penang urges govt to commit to establishing new financial centre

Others Also Read