Cops hunting two responsible for attack on Rafizi’s family


KUALA LUMPUR: The police are hunting two individuals believed to have been responsible for the attack on the son of former minister Datuk Seri Rafizi Ramli.

Selangor police chief Comm Datuk Shazeli Kahar also confirmed that the perpetrators of the attack were still two individuals.

"We discovered the motorcycle used by the culprits had fake number plates

"Investigators are hard at work to identify the culprits and are pursuing all leads, including reviewing CCTV footage," he said when contacted on Thursday (Aug 14).

Comm Shazeli said the police were recording statements from individuals that would assist with the investigation.

"We are investigating all angles in the investigation to uncover the motive," he said.

He said the police are also waiting for the medical report from the hospital.

"We have not identified the liquid which was injected into the victim.

"The victim was allowed to go home yesterday, from the hospital,” he said.

Comm Shazali advised the public to refrain from speculating on the case.

"We will ensure that the culprits are brought to justice," he added.

It was previously reported that Rafizi's son was attacked at a shopping mall in Putrajaya on Wednesday (Aug 13).

The culprits grabbed the victim before injecting him with some sort of liquid.

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Escaped Immigration detainees easily identifiable with bright green uniforms, shaved heads
Indonesian police arrest 72 people suspected of starting forest fires
Immigration truck crash: 'I have to be strong for my mother'
No guerrilla incursion into Kelantan following south Thai attacks, says GOF
Second boy found drowned, search operation in Keningau ends
Almost RM730mil spent on welfare aid for seniors, OKU, chronically ill this year
Sabah eyes promoting fishing as an international niche sports tourism product
Police issue 75 summonses, seize 31 bikes in anti-illegal racing ops on Second Link
Four nabbed, 3.4 tonnes of cooking oil seized in raid on smuggling ring in Terengganu
Pedestrian killed crossing SPRINT Highway near Damansara toll

Others Also Read