Kelantan police hunting two friends linked to singer Eda Ezrin's case


KOTA BHARU: Kelantan police are hunting two friends accused of victimising well-known singer Eda Ezrin, whose real name is Wan Norshaheeda Azlin Wan Ismail.

Kelantan police chief Datuk Mohd Yusoff Mamat said the man and woman are believed to have victimised the 30-year-old Eda Ezrin, her husband and four friends, leading to their nine-month detention at the Narathiwat Provincial Central Prison.

“During questioning on Thursday and Friday, all of them gave consistent statements,” he said.

“Eda Ezrin and four others did not admit to the charge of possessing drugs and claimed they were victimised by the two friends,” he said at a press conference at the Kelantan police headquarters on Sunday (Aug 10).

He said the two friends named by Eda Ezrin and the other four are already on the police watchlist and added that the police are now pursuing both individuals.

In the same development, Mohd Yusoff said they would recall Eda Ezrin, her husband and the four friends if needed.

“In Thailand, Eda Ezrin, her husband and the four friends were only convicted of testing positive for drugs and served three months in prison for that offence,” he said.

Sinar Harian previously reported that Eda Ezrin, her husband and four friends were charged in the Narathiwat Provincial Court with drug use and possession of 6,059 yaba (methamphetamine) pills.

All the accused — singer Wan Norshaheeda Azlin Wan Ismail, 30, also known as Eda Ezrin; Mohamad Alif Deraman, 33; Mohd Affendi Ahmad, 35; Nur Aida Mamat, 33; Erdieka Mohd Noor, 32; and Zuhaira Nasrin, 25 — pleaded guilty to drug use before Judge Yuan Khao Kham.

However, they pleaded not guilty to possessing 6,059 yaba pills when detained at a hotel in Golok on November 1 last year.

Meanwhile, two of Eda Ezrin’s friends, Erdieka and Zuhaira, pleaded guilty to entering Thailand without official documents and residing in the country illegally.

Last Wednesday, Eda Ezrin, her husband and the four friends were fully released from detention at the Narathiwat Provincial Central Prison.

Their release followed the court’s rejection of the prosecutor’s application to extend the time to file an appeal for the sixth time.

 

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Perak urges use of reusable bags ahead of ban on single-use plastics
Ramadan bazaars: A beloved annual tradition for Malaysians
Bersatu appoints new task force to restructure divisions, wings
Madani govt component parties must strengthen cohesion to realise people's mandate, says Zaliha
US tariff ruling lifts market sentiment, positive for M'sian markets, say economists
Amanah looks at contesting 20 seats in Johor polls, subject to talks within PH, says state party chief
Fire razes 10 houses in Kota Belud, families moved to relief centre
DAP members, leaders must respect outcome of special congress, says Chow
Ramanan lauds SJKT Ladang Kinrara's success at international youth STEM event
Man nabbed while trying to steal railway cables between Kempas Baru, Kulai

Others Also Read