Helicopter crash victim stable and moved to regular ward


JOHOR BARU: One of the five victims of the Sungai Pulai helicopter crash, Kons R.G. Devendram, has been moved to a regular ward at Hospital Sultanah Aminah (HSA) after his condition stabilised.

Johor Health and Environment Committee Chairman Ling Tian Soon (pic) said the victim, previously in the hospital’s intensive care unit (ICU), was transferred on Saturday (July 19).

"Sjn Siti Latipa Khairuddin has also been moved to a regular ward at HSA, while three other victims have been discharged and will undergo follow-up treatment at their referred hospitals," he said after receiving hospital bed contributions from a non-governmental organisation on Saturday (July 19).

Among the three is Kpl Adeline Liu Yan Siu, who will receive further treatment at Serdang Hospital in Selangor after being discharged on Wednesday (July 16), he said.

Ling added that helicopter pilot Asst Comm Faizul Muhammad and co-pilot Supt Ahmad Bustamin Baharom were both discharged on Tuesday (July 15).

He said ACP Faizul will continue treatment at Serdang Hospital, while Supt Ahmad Bustamin will receive follow-up treatment at Hospital Canselor Tuanku Muhriz Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia.

The five were onboard the AS355N helicopter, bearing registration number 9M-PHG, which crashed into Sungai Pulai at Gelang Patah during the Multilateral Nuclear Security Detection Exercise (Mitsatom) 2025 at about 10.15am on July 10.

On Thursday (July 17), authorities successfully retrieved the wreckage of the Eurocopter AS3555 Ecureuil with the help of divers from the navy and marine police.

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

PAS to meet before Aidiladha to deliberate continued Bersatu cooperation
Sabah PKR youth unfazed by exit of two division chiefs
Record number of 347,000 train tickets on sale for holiday period
Bipartisan committee can help expedite MA63 issues, 40% revenue rights, says Bangkuai
Bukit Aman to investigate those linked to discovery of prohibited items at Ipoh HQ lock-up
Police step up traffic management as Aidiladha exodus builds up in Gua Musang
MetMalaysia warns of thunderstorms in nine states until 7pm (May 24)
Raya exodus commences; traffic building up on several major expressways
Anwar scheduled to open two-day Sabah Kaamatan festival
WCE Section 3 targets year-end completion, to open in 2027

Others Also Read