Social media influencer ‘CEO Batu' charged with sending lewd messages to minor


GOMBAK: A social media influencer dubbed "CEO Batu" will be prosecuted in connection with sending lewd messages to an underage girl.

Gombak OCPD Asst Comm Noor Ariffin Mohamad Nasir said the suspect would be charged at the Ampang Court on Thursday (July 10) and in Selayang Court on Friday (July 11).

"He will be charged under Section 15(a)(i) of the Sexual Offences Against Children Act 2017 at the Ampang Children's Court.

"For the Selayang Magistrate's Court, the suspect will be charged under Section 292(e) of the Penal Code," he said when contacted on Wednesday (July 9).

ACP Noor Ariffin said the deputy public prosecutor had instructed that the suspect be charged after the investigation paper was referred.

Previously, it was reported that the 22-year-old social media influencer was detained on May 22 for sending lewd messages to a 14-year-old girl.

He was later freed on police bail after his remand had ended.

 

 

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Over 1,000 displaced as floods worsen in Sabah’s north, Pitas emerges as worst-hit
'Don't shoot the messenger', says Nurul Izzah in urging authorities to probe allegations into MACC chief's alleged shareholdings
Anwar holds talks with Singapore PM Lawrence Wong
ROS refutes allegations of power abuse by MIPP
Cops on the hunt for duo who broke into Sitiawan mosque, stole from donation boxes
116 Bazaar Ramadan Rahmah to be held this year, says Fuziah
Malaysia looks forward to close cooperation with new Bangladesh leadership, says Anwar
More than a gimmick, 'roti pocong' a hit at Paroi Ramadan bazaar
Melaka assembly may dissolve in April, state poll expected in June
Plight of two families in Banting fire draws Anwar's attention

Others Also Read