Study on multi-storey carpark for JB's Sultanah Aminah Hospital concluded, says MB


JOHOR BARU: A value assessment study for a multi-storey carpark at Sultanah Aminah Hospital (HSA), one of the busiest hospitals in the country, has concluded, says Datuk Onn Hafiz Ghazi.

The Johor Mentri Besar said at the moment, aside from parking within the hospital grounds, patients have the alternative of parking at a free carpark at Pantai Lido, across the road from the hospital.

“We are concerned about the safety of patients and the public when they park along the main road, so this alternative location offers a safer option.

“As for the (multi-storey) carpark, I understand that funding has been secured and the proposal has cleared the value assessment stage.

“The value assessment has just concluded but I have not gotten the report yet. I will inform once I do,” he said after visiting the hospital here on Tuesday (June 17).

He noted that parking was an issue at the hospital as it is one of the busiest hospitals in the country with about 2,000 patients a day.

Previously, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim announced an allocation of RM500mil to for the first phase upgrades of the hospital on Sept 4, 2023.

Among the proposed upgrades include the construction of a polyclinic and multi-storey car park to address congestion at the hospital.

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

More than a gimmick, 'roti pocong' a hit at Paroi Ramadan bazaar
Melaka assembly may dissolve in April, state poll expected in June
Plight of two families in Banting fire draws Anwar's attention
Shah Alam's first female mayor vows swift, decisive leadership
S'pore PM Lawrence Wong arrives in Malaysia for special visit
Over 400 flee homes as floods hit Kota Marudu, Pitas
Johor MACC committed to working closely with state govt to enhance good governance, strengthen integrity
PAS to discuss Opposition Leader position on Feb 22, says Hadi
Anwar seeks swift passage of Bill limiting PM to two terms
Police seek public help to locate Myanmar teen missing since Jan 31

Others Also Read