Flash floods in Selangor displace over 400, claim one life


PETALING JAYA: More than 400 people have been displaced by flash floods that struck parts of Selangor earlier on Friday (April 11).

According to the National Disaster Management Agency’s portal, 404 victims are currently housed in three temporary relief centres.

Two centres are located in the Petaling district, with one in Klang.

Currently, 215 victims are placed at the temporary relief centre in Klang and 189 in Petaling.

Earlier on Friday (April 11), flash floods affected parts of Selangor, including areas in Shah Alam, Klang, Puchong, and Kampung Tengah in the Petaling district.

The Malaysian Highway Authority also warned motorists of traffic congestion along the Puchong Barat toll due to residents parking their vehicles there amid the flooding.

Tragically, a man has been found dead, believed to have been electrocuted.

Investigations revealed that the area served as a storehouse for construction materials and was also used by the deceased as his home, according to Shah Alam OCPD Asst Comm Mohd Iqbal Ibrahim.

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Bill to cap PM’s term at 10 years to be tabled on Monday
Cops nab man connected to 2025 intimidation case
Police to call several individuals in probe over alleged share ownership by Azam Baki
DAP special congress is part of party's internal process, says Fahmi
Sabah flood: Number of victims increased to 3,768 people at noon
Prioritise welfare of police personnel, says Dr Wan Azizah
Traffic slows on major expressways as at noon
Building tech ecosystem to help Perak SMEs compete
Woman who stabbed mother remanded seven days
Rafizi to proceed with lawsuit against Caprice over alleged defamation

Others Also Read